17.9.15

Carrion Flowers




Creatures of habit, carrion flowers
Growing from repeated crimes
The afterglow in full bloom
Slow and relentless

The best news this week is me joining the Spotify family plan with a bunch of friends. I had tried the premium plan for two months at 99 cents earlier this year, fell absolutely in love, then went back to free account for awhile. Man, for a music geek like myself, it was torture to endure dreadful commuting unable to listen to what my heart yearns for, unable to skip tracks...oh God. My eardrums have never been happier. Check out Deep Dark Fears – my edited playlist of haunting, high intensity sounds.

If there's anything that helps me get in touch with my deepest feelings and fears, it is music. I'd like to quote ABBA's Thank You For The Music, "what would I be without a song or dance what are we?" – which is exactly my sentiments. I've lost track of my out-of-body experiences with music, a feeling only able to pass on through sound. Music is poetry to my ears. 

As year 2015 approaches fall, my playlist is progressively darker and melancholic. I can feel a building up of desire to show this change through my fashion and living environment. Anyway, the whole point of me including embedded soundtracks for my outfit posts is to hopefully communicate my inspirations. I hope you see a connection between sound and visual. I wonder how many of you actually listen to it. But then again, music is so subjective, fashion is too. To each his own.

Wearing New Look blouse, c/o Modparade shorts, Shanghai faux fur vest, Primark fringe sandals, Mom's drawstring bag, Vintage oversized buckle belt, Hoshanna by Grace moonstone ring, MAC Viva Glam Riri lipstick in Nude.


p.s. The giveaway on my Instagram page has concluded and winners have been chosen by the event organizers. Please RSVP if you haven't. And as for confirmed guests, I look forward to meeting you this Sunday.